After submitting your campaign for approval, the approval team will review it within 24 hours. If the campaign is valid and meets our standards, we'll be happy to approve it.
If the approval team rejects your campaign or creative, you will receive a rejection notification by email that will specify the reason.
Our approval standards for campaign content are strict. This is due to the fact that Start.io (formerly StartApp) traffic is comprised of direct in-app traffic, which we are obligated to keep aligned with Google and iTunes restrictions.
See store policies:
Apple App Store: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#advertising
Following the guidelines in our T&C https://www.start.io/policy/policy-advertiser-terms/ will prevent your campaigns from being suspended or restricted. Here are some examples of prohibited content and restrictions for creatives and landing pages:
- Adult sexual content
- Deceptive material
- Copyright violation
- Counterfeit goods
- Endangered species products, as well as the sale of such species
- Hateful content
- Illegal products and services
- Inappropriate content
- Offensive content
- Prohibited content for minors
- Trademark infringing content
- Unacceptable business practices
- Weapons and weapon accessories
- Ads that resemble user interface elements, and creatives that mimic buttons or icons.
- Ads that do not ask the user for permission before initiating any downloads/installations/services/fees. This includes Click-to-Call and Click-to-Subscribe ads that do not include an intermediary landing page or other prompt that clearly explains the terms and/or fees associated with the call or subscription.
- redirecting traffic or replacing web pages or any other pages available in a Mobile App to web pages or other pages which promote content or products which may adversely affect the use of the Mobile App and/or violates any of the prohibitions contained herein.
Rejection common reasons
A campaign may be rejected for the following reasons:
Misleading creatives and landing pages that mimic a UI or a system alert will be rejected.
A campaign will be rejected if it contains inappropriate images or text, such as adult themes, porn, or crude language.
Invalid URL may refer to:
Tracking URL that doesn't lead to a valid landing page.
Tracking URL that doesn't match the destination URL.
Creatives that do not match the landing page your tracking URL leads to will be rejected.
We do our best to approve campaigns within 24 hours during the week and 48 hours on the weekend.
If the campaign is approved, it will go live immediately. Please note that it can take approximately 30 minutes until a campaign starts getting traffic.
If the campaign is rejected, you will be sent an email specifying the reason. You can then revise the campaign and republish it.